Broadband - Western Australia
Articles and resources about trends and issues in the rollout of broadband in the state of Western Australia, Australia.
This category last updated: 5 July 2012
Western Australia boosts mobile broadband services
- By Shahida Sweeney. FutureGov, 3 July 2012. "The State Government of Western Australia (WA) is tackling the 'tyranny of distance' with mobile broadband services that connect communities across regional and remote areas. An ambitious US$106 million (AUD$106 million) Regional Mobile Communications Project (RMCP) is delivering the benefits of mobile broadband to 'outback' Australia..."
WA wants fibre fast-tracked
- by Chris Jenkins. MIS Financial Review, 23 April 2009. "Western Australian Treasurer and Minister for Science and Innovation Troy Buswell has called on the federal government to fast-track a new fibre link between Perth and Geraldton using the $250 million blackspot fund that accompanied its $43 billion National Broadband Network proposal..."
WA Govt bins $1bn broadband network
- by Suzanne Tindal, ZDNet Australia, 3 April 2009. "The Western Australian Government has decided to bin its $1 billion plan to roll out a statewide broadband network..."
State could miss out on NBN
- by Cath Hart. AustralianIT, July 16, 2008. "The economic powerhouse of Western Australia would be disadvantaged under the "population centric" policy settings of Kevin Rudd's national broadband network, the WA Chamber of Commerce and Industry has warned..."
Federal broadband plans knock WA offline
- by Renai LeMay. The Australian Financial Review, 30 May 2008. "The West Australian government's plan to build a $1 billion statewide broadband network faces an uncertain future after the federal government decided to pursue its own project through the $4.7 billion national broadband network..."
WA calls for broadband vendors
- By Renai LeMay. ZDNet Australia, 28 February 2007. "update The Western Australian state government today invited private sector groups to register their interest in building its planned AU$1 billion state-wide broadband network (SBN)..."
Western Australia hires broadband chief
- By Renai LeMay. ZDNet Australia, 30 January 2007. "The Western Australia state government has hired a telcommunications and IT services group that will appoint a key executive to oversee the development of its planned AU$1 billion state-wide network (SBN)..."
WA throws in AU$1bn for broadband network
- By Renai LeMay. ZDNet Australia, 29 November 2006. "update The Western Australia state government will pool the next 10 years of its annual AU$100 million telecommunications spend into a billion dollar contract to build a state-wide broadband network..."
Western Australia looks to broadband funding
- By Renai LeMay. ZDNet Australia, 19 May 2006. "The Western Australian government is fielding strong interest from local parties after it asked for proposals to attract funding from the federal government's AU$1.1 billion Connect Australia broadband package..."